William CaiINSTRUCTOR FOR CFP AND CPD PROGRAMS (MFA)
MSC(FINANCE), CFP®, CHFC®, CMFC
William has 20 years of experience providing wealth management advice and portfolio management services to high net worth individuals, family offices and corporations. He has been widely featured in the Strait Times, Sunday Times, Business Times, The Asian Wall Street Journal, The Edge, Channel News Asia, Channel 8, News Radio 93.8 FM, financial internet portals, magazines & books.
William is a Master Trainer of The Master Fund Adviser course and “Market Trends, Cycles, and Trading Strategies”. He holds a 1st class Masters degree in Finance from the National University of Ireland, Dublin. He is also a CFP® professional and holds the Chartered Financial Consultant and Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor designations. William has 23 years of experience providing wealth management advice and portfolio management services to the mass affluent and high net worth individuals. Prior to joining GYC Financial Advisory, William was a Director in UBS AG and a pioneering independent financial adviser in Singapore.
He is the author of “How To Be A Successful Investor”, and his views have been widely featured in various media like The Asian Wall Street Journal, The Peak, The Strait Times, Sunday Times, Business Times, The Edge, Channel News Asia, Channel 8, News Radio 93.8 FM, Smart Investor and The New Paper, along with several books. As a portfolio manager and trader, William is experienced and skilled in identifying market turns and generating profitable ideas from his research.
– Exited the stock market at 2007 peak – Bear Market Warning in The Edge 1 July 2007 Straits Times
– Saw the market turn and got investors fully invested by April 2009
– Highlighted a market reversal after the 2011 bear market on 06 June 2012 Business Times
– Protected investors funds during the 2015-2016 bear markets by selling equities on May 2015 peak
– Profited from the bursting of the Biotech bubble and shorting of U.S. equities in 2015
– Flagged a market bottom to investors on Feb 2016