Portfolio Design and Asset Allocation in Retirement Planning
Module 4 delves into the strategic art of designing retirement portfolios using asset-allocation strategies, a cornerstone for effective retirement planning. This module empowers participants to create well-balanced retirement portfolios and uncover opportunities for cross-selling within a client’s existing investment framework.
Review the fundamentals of retirement income planning and explore the five essential tools that underpin this process. Learn to apply asset allocation principles to expertly design portfolios for both the accumulation and decumulation phases of retirement. Quantify retirement needs through the FAA-N16 method, providing a solid foundation for informed recommendations. Real-world case studies featuring diverse client profiles will enable participants to apply theory to practice, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of portfolio design for successful retirement planning.
Participants will learn how to engage clients to help them understand the pertinent challenges and importance of retirement planning and introduce solutions they can use to address their retirement gaps. Participants will be competent to apply our proprietary retirement planning process to help their clients develop a holistic and client-centric retirement plan and develop sales propositions that are bespoke to the client, instead of merely pushing products.
- Learn and apply the “retirement conversation” to engage with the client on their retirement discussion.
- Understand and apply our proprietary retirement planning process to generate multiple up-selling and cross-selling opportunities using investments and insurance solutions.
- Understand the common situation facing different profiles, and develop suitable product structures for the following client segments:
- High Income Employees (“HENRY”)
- Sole Proprietors (SP) and Self-Employed Persons (SEPS)
- SME Business Owners
4 (including 0.5 hour MCQ Assessment). Upon completion of this program, you will be awarded the Certificate of Completion and 4 non-core CPD Training Hours.
Financial Planning Professionals, Bank Relationship Managers and Insurance Specialists, Insurance Agents
$350 before GST
This program is IBF-FTS recognised and is eligible for funding under the IBF-FTS scheme.
James Y. Zou CFP® IBFA Certified Family Office Adviser