The trend for real estate investing is rapidly gaining interest from investors who see the potential of investing in real estate in Singapore. From a portfolio perspective, real estate as an asset class provides diversification benefits in optimizing an investor’s portfolio. Furthermore, when used appropriately, real estate investments provide potential for capital appreciation and passive income which can be applied in retirement income planning strategies. However, it may not be prudent for retail investors to take on high leverage and commit a significant portion of their savings into a real estate due to the low liquidity and significant capital outlay required.
Investors may be more comfortable investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), which are diversified baskets of real estate that gives them similar benefits of holding this asset class but with lower capital outlay, professional management, higher liquidity and diversification. Indeed, there has been a growing interest of retail investors investing in REITs, and a competent Financial Advisor representative like yourself will need to have the competency to understand and advise your clients on this asset class with a holistic portfolio perspective.
Objectives of the Course
The objective of this one-day program is to equip you with the practical skills and knowledge to understand how to analyze and select appropriate REITs to harness the benefits of portfolio allocation, passive income and potential capital appreciation to help your clients meet their financial goals and objectives.
Highlights of the Course
The Associate REIT Investment Advisor (ARIA) course provides a framework to analyze and invest in REITs safely and profitably. Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand characteristics of REITs and its role in portfolio allocation and financial planning;
- Understand and identify opportunities and pitfalls of REITs in the various sectors;
- Be equipped with the competency to evaluate the market outlook of REITs and identify opportunities and avoid drawdowns;
- Be equipped with a framework for REIT analysis, and the various evaluation criteria;
- Competently apply technical and fundamental analysis techniques to evaluate a REIT;
- Apply what you learned into actual case studies to apply the learning points;
- Gain access to our proprietary planning and analysis tools and evaluation checklists.