8 Feb 2020 – Update About Your Classes in Response to DORSCON ORANGE
Date: 08 February 2020
Dear Students of FP
Re: Updates About Upcoming Class Schedule in Response to DORSCON Orange
- MOH has stepped up its risk assessment from DORSCON Yellow to DORSCON Orange on 7 February 2020.
- At present time, there has been no notice from the Exam Board at FPAS that the CFP Certification will be deferred or cancelled. We have also referenced to other public and private education institutions that their classes are still ongoing. Hence, our lessons will continue as per scheduled to ensure you are adequately prepared for the upcoming CFP examination.
- We seek your cooperation on the following:
- If you are feeling unwell, e.g. have any fever, cough or flu-like symptoms, we would strongly advise that you do not attend the event and to seek medical help instead.
- If you have been to China in the 14 days preceding the event (i.e. on compulsory Leave of Absence), please do not attend the event as you will be refused entry.
- You are encouraged to be mindful of your own health and the health of those around you.
- We will require participants who are sick or exhibit signs of illness (e.g. cough, runny nose, etc) to excuse themselves and seek medical attention and rest immediately.
- We have reached out to SMU and YMCA, being our class venues for CFP and CPD programs, and the following are measures they have taken to ensure the safety of course participants, helpers and staff who are attending the event:
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of the premises are conducted on a regular basis with increased frequency.
- Course participants, lecturer and staff are required to comply with requirements at the facility, such as but not limiting to temperature measurement, health declaration and declaration of contact info for contact tracing purposes, etc
- The Landlord (Singapore Management University and YMCA) reserves the right to refuse entry to any person who exhibits signs of illness, not limited to fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose).
- The Organisers (Financial Perspectives Pte Ltd) will abide by all government guidelines and recommendations to adjust the event schedule and/or cancel the event at any point, if necessary.
- The Organisers and Landlord will NOT be held responsible for any person who falls sick during the time when he or she is on the premises and/or as a result of having participated in the event.
- I also want to remind everyone attending the classes to observe the following:
- Avoid sharing of cups, cutlery, stationery, etc
- Avoid physical contact such as shaking hands
- Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness
- Observe good personal hygiene and do not spit on the floor
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, including before and after preparing food or eating, after going to toilet, after coughing or sneezing, and after removing personal protective equipment like mask and disposable gloves
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath
- Cover your mouth with tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell
- Please do not attend classes if you are feeling unwell. Do stay home to study and work on our course content via our online LMS which we have made available (we have over 20 hours of materials comprising e-learning package, videos, reading materials, online practice papers, etc) AND approach me for assistance if you need additional tuition (as per our usual practice, you can arrange with me to do a Skype video conference (CFPGROUP2010) with me to clarify your queries about any curriculum. You can also reach out to any of our lecturer you are comfortable talking to)
- Those of you who have travelled to affected areas over the last 14 days, please avoid coming to class and exercise “self-monitoring” at home for at least 14 days upon your return, and see a medical professional when you feel unwell, and inform them of your travel history. You should also do what I suggested in (h) to prepare for your upcoming exams in consideration for the safety of everyone
- Do not be concerned about your SSG funding, which requires the attendance criteria of 75% to be met. If you fail to meet the attendance criteria as a result of not being able to attend classes due to illness (with valid MC) or return from the high-risk areas, we will appeal to SSG on your behalf under such extraordinary circumstances to accept your online e-learning hours as your attendance. We will arrange make-up sessions in class or via webinar to help you also. Should SSG deny our appeal, FP will out of goodwill, subsidise your course fee and you need not pay back the funded portion of the module due to your illness
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please update your email and contact info (e.g. Mobile Phone No.) if you have changed them. And also, remember to “whitelist” our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and our domain (fp-edu.com) so that all our correspondences with our students will not go to spam or filtered by spam filters at the server level. You can also find public notices via our website (fp-edu.com) and Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/fpeduonline/)
- Refer to the Annex at the end of this document for additional guidelines by MOH and HPB.
We will also make surgical masks and hand sanitizers available for everyone in class, if you need to use them. Please approach the staff on duty or lecturer for assistance.
Here at FP, we have a Crisis Management Protocol (CMP) in place. Should the situation worsen, under the requirement of the MOH, where schools are ordered to close and you cannot attend tutorials, we have CMP measures already put in place to conduct “Live Webinars” remotely to conduct classes. We already have in place high-bandwidth high-resolution webinar infrastructure with recording feature so that you can catch back on the class should you be unable to attend the live webinar. On top of that, we also have our existing e-learning course content to supplement your study. You can most certainly contact me or any of my lecturers for help with any concepts or topics you need help on, and we will personally explain to you in private over email, video or voice chat.
We are all committed to helping you pass your CFP Modules on your first attempt! Do not be paralysed by fear. Fight on, stay vigilant and keep yourself healthy.
We will update you of any new developments and thank you for your kind understanding.
To your success