One in 35 Singaporeans is a millionaire. According to research consultancy Wealth Insight, the volume of millionaires in the country has steadily risen over the years and expected to expand to 188,000 by 2020. In parallel with the growth in the millionaire population, the wealth of millionaires is also forecasted to swell by almost 28% by 2019.
This development represents an excellent opportunity for wealth managers to provide specialized services that meet the needs and wants of high net worth Singaporeans. One of their key target markets is expected to be the emerging affluent – younger clients who have a longer horizon, aspire more in capital, and not very risk-averse if it means enjoying a higher return over time.
The goal of wealth management is to enhance the financial situation of the client. It requires the Financial Adviser Representative (FAR) to deliver a comprehensive suite of financial products in a consultative and holistic manner. While there is scope to offer every type of financial product to address the investment or legacy planning needs of the client, in reality, wealth managers concern themselves with products and services they feel most comfortable providing.
Being highly client-centric, the central objective of wealth management is to understand not just the financial expectations of the affluent individual, but also why they are important to him/her. This premise in the consultative process will determine the appropriate products and/or services with the potential to deliver maximum advantage to the client.
If you have the inclination and temperament to serve the high net worth segment, you must be well-versed in the wealth management process and best practices. Besides technical aspects, acquiring requisite knowledge of softer elements such as client relationship management, will poise you for a rewarding career in wealth management.
- Hone your knowledge and competence in wealth management
- Gain an understanding of the profile, characteristics and unique needs of HNIs
- Master the on-boarding process for wealthy clients
- Unravel the wealth management process with a client engagement framework
- Acquire competency in investment management and portfolio designs and strategies
- Acquire competency in succession and legacy planning
- Become proficient in structuring insurance policies and financial products to address clients’ needs
- Recognize the importance of anti-money laundering
- Gain a thorough understanding of client relationship management
- Successfully apply the various aspects of asset allocation
- Skilfully apply insurance and investment products to meet the various needs of a wealthy client
This course is meant for FARs across all levels who wish to develop functional competencies about wealth management in Singapore. Training delivery comprises of lectures combined with real life case studies and discussions. At the end of this course, attendees will have a better understanding of the HNWI segment and be equipped to engage them to grow their business.
1 Day (7.5 Training Hours) + Certificate of Attendance
*Special Price* for Corporate Students: Call us to find out!
- IBF-FTS funding (must pass assessment for claim) – up to 90%* OR
- Skills Future Credit – up to S$500 credits*
* 90% funding is applicable for Singaporean aged 40 and above. 50% funding is available to all other qualifying applicants. Term and conditions apply. Please refer to the official website for full details.