COVID-19 Safety Reminder and Updates About Upcoming Class Schedule (REF: FP-NOTICE-26012020WCoro)
Date: 26 January 2020
Dear Students of FP,
Singapore saw its fourth confirmed case of COVID-19 coronavirus infection as at 26 Jan 2020. At this point in time, there is no advisory from the Ministry of Health to stop school or work. FPAS has also not informed us of any changes to the CFP examination. Hence, our scheduled lessons will continue as planned from 28th Jan onwards.
I have also reached out to YMCA and SMU (our course venue providers) to ensure that necessary precautionary measures are being taken, especially YMCA which also doubles up as a hotel.
Even though the Ministry assessed that “The risk of infection from transient contact, such as on public transport or public spaces, is assessed to be low”, I would like to remind everyone attending and conducting classes to be vigilant about personal hygiene and exercise personal responsibility and public consideration. Therefore, I would like to remind everyone to take the following precautions at all times:
- Avoid contact with live animals including poultry and birds, and consumption of raw and undercooked meats
- Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness
- Observe good personal hygiene
- Wash hands frequently with soap, including before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath
- Cover your mouth with tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell
- Please do not attend classes if you are feeling unwell. Do stay home to study and work on our course content via our online LMS which we have made available (we have over 20 hours of materials comprising e-learning package, videos, reading materials, online practice papers, etc) AND approach me for assistance if you need additional tuition (as per our usual practice, you can arrange with me to do a Skype video conference (CFPGROUP2010) with me to clarify your queries about any curriculum. You can also reach out to any of our lecturer you are comfortable talking to)
- Those of you who have travelled to Hubei and the rest of China over the last 2 weeks, please avoid coming to class and exercise “self-monitoring” at home for at least 14 days upon your return, and see a medical professional when you feel unwell, and inform them of your travel history. You should also do what I suggested in (h) to prepare for your upcoming exams in consideration for the safety of everyone
- Do not be concerned about your SSG funding, which requires the attendance criteria of 75% to be met. If you fail to meet the attendance criteria as a result of not being able to attend classes due to illness or return from the high-risk areas, we will appeal to SSG on your behalf under such extraordinary circumstances to accept your online e-learning hours as your attendance. Should SSG deny our appeal, FP will out of goodwill, subsidise your course fee and you need not pay back the funded portion of the module due to your illness
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please update your email and contact info (e.g. Mobile Phone No.) if you have changed them. And also, remember to “whitelist” our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and our domain (fp-edu.com) so that all our correspondences with our students will not go to spam or filtered by spam filters at the server level. You can also find public notices via our website (www.fp-edu.com) and Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/fpeduonline/)
- We will also make surgical masks and hand sanitizers available for everyone in class. Please approach the staff on duty or lecturer for assistance.
Here at FP, we have a Crisis Management Protocol (CMP) in place. In the worst-case scenario, where schools are ordered to close and you cannot attend tutorials, we have CMP measures already put in place to conduct “Live Webinars” remotely to conduct classes. We already have in place high-bandwidth high-resolution webinar infrastructure with recording feature so that you can catch back on the class should you be unable to attend the live webinar. On top of that, we also have our existing e-learning course content to supplement your study. You can most certainly contact me or any of my lecturers for help with any concepts or topics you need help on, and we will personally explain to you in private over email, video or voice chat.
We are all committed to helping you pass your CFP Modules on your first attempt! Keep fighting on! The Wuhan Coronavirus may be aggressive, but collectively, we are certainly stronger if we take care of one another’s well-being. And we will pass the exam together.
We will update you of any new developments, and thank you for your kind understanding. Wishing you a very Prosperous Year of the Rat filled with Divine Health and Vitality!
To your success.