Essentials of FAA and PDPA
This course is approved by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF) for FA-CPD training hours accreditation, and attendee may also qualify for the IBF-FTS funding.
The Financial Advisers Act (FAA) and the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) were introduced in 2012 and are key acts in the financial industry. The FAA is a crucial act that dictates the licensing of financial advisers whereas the PDPA is meant to protect individuals while still providing private organizations with the information they need. Organizations that do not comply with these acts can be fined severely.
Senior Managers, Senior Agency Managers, Bank Branch Managers and other officials who lead teams that play a role in Financial Advisory need to grasp the ambit of the FAA and comply accordingly. Many organizations have compliance managers strictly to ensure that the organizations meet the requirements of the PDPA act and do so efficiently.
Understanding the elements of these acts is critical for organizations that provide Financial Advisory Services and the individuals running it. Our program will help participants clearly grasp all aspects of the FAA and PDPA to better serve Financial Advisers and their clients.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the extent of the FAA
- Learn the ambit of the PDPA
- Grasp the roles and responsibilities of Financial Advisers and their representatives
- Find out how the representatives and supervisors of Financial Advisers are remunerated
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of the Personal Data Protection Commission.
- Understanding the legal duties regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data.
Program Facilitators: Mr. Lim Chung Wei and Mr. Ronald Wong
- 4-Hours Classroom Training
- 1-Hour (1-hour, open book online MCQ)
FA-CPD Hours Accreditation:
Upon completion of the program and passing the online assessment, attendee will be awarded the designated FA-CPD (Rules & Regulations) hours.
Contact us to enquire for program schedule and venue.