Certificate in Retirement Adequacy Planning (Cert. REAP)
Many people in Singapore are inadequately prepared for retirement; a survey conducted by a local Bank found that only a quarter of the 1,000 survey respondents had any form of financial plan to sufficiently meet their retirement needs. However, more than 75 percent of respondents stated that one of their long-term financial goals was to retain enough earnings to fund a comfortable retirement. The survey findings also revealed that:
- Many are unaware of how to start retirement planning;
- The main obstacle to planning is a lack of clarity about appropriate financial products;
- Some are facing setbacks in retirement planning due to insufficient savings that can be deployed to investment for retirement;
- Most respondents hope to have a monthly retirement income of around $3,500, starting at the age of 65. However, they also underestimated the amount they need to save to fund their desired retirement lifestyle.
Objectives of the Course
One of the main concerns of retirement is financial security when one can no longer continue working due to old age. Besides the CPF LIFE Scheme, several financial strategies and tools are also available to supplement the retirement income to provide financial security. The professional guidance of a Financial Adviser Representative (FAR) like yourself is invaluable in helping your client achieve financial security at retirement.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the principles of retirement income planning and educate your client about the importance and challenges of retirement adequacy;
- design a retirement income portfolio to complement the CPF LIFE Scheme and other programs such as the Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) and Enhanced Lease Buyback Scheme (ELBS), etc;
- develop retirement income strategies that support your client’s retirement objectives;
- differentiate your value proposition and gain the trust of your client using our proprietary frameworks and holistic retirement income planning approach taught in this course;
- apply and implement various retirement funding and cashflow management strategies;
- quantify retirement needs and adopt a portfolio perspective to realize the desired retirement funds;
- design and implement pre- and post-retirement investment and risk management plans;
- create engaging retirement conversations and follow a systematic framework to educate your client about retirement planning;
- establish yourself as a trusted, credible and competent financial planning professional;
- effectively handle objections and misconceptions about retirement planning.
This 1-day program is delivered through short structured lectures, case studies and group discussions. Upon completion of this program, you will be awarded with 7.5 non-core CPD Training Hours and the Certificate of Completion, Cert. REAP.
Your investment for this program will be $1,000, before funding support.
Special corporate discount and group rates may apply. Contact us to find out more.
IBF-FTS Funding and SkillsFuture Credit
This is a IBF-FTS recognised program. IBF-FTS funding support of up to 90% is applicable for Singapore Citizens (SC) aged 40 and above, and up to 50% IBF-FTS funding support for SC below age 40 and Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs). Participants who have SkillsFuture Credit may also utilise them to pay for the course fee, if applicable.
Please refer to the IBF website (http://www.ibf.org.sg) for details about the IBF-FTS scheme, and SSG website (https://www.myskillsfuture.sg/learn/) for information about SkillsFuture Credit. Term and conditions apply and are subject changes by the relevant authorities.
Enquiries and Enrolment
For questions relating to this course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6533 6121.
To sign up for this course, visit http://fp-edu.com/index.php/course-information/course-registration
Every effort has been taken to ensure that this publication was accurate at the time of printing. We will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this publication. FP reserves the right to vary or cancel the course if the minimum number of candidates are not met, or where the occasion necessitates. FP accepts no liability if, for whatever reason, the course does not take place. IBF-FTS Funding support and SkillsFuture Credit are subject to qualifying conditions and requirements set by the authorities. FP accepts no liability for any claims applications declined for any reasons.