Master Fund Adviser (MFA)
This program is written to add value and competence to financial adviser representatives who are facing an unprecedented level of market uncertainty and volatility amidst a series of world events whose impact shook the global economy.
It equips the financial adviser with the necessary skills and knowledge to interpret market uncertainties, indicators and conditions to help better manage their client's investment portfolio, many of which are invested for a crucial future financial objective such as a secure retirement or children's education.
It helps advisers answer pertinent questions clients have towards uncertainty and market volatility, so as to better advise them about what to do and how to mitigate such difficult periods of the market cycle.
This course deals with the technical aspect of investments analysis and the interpretation of economic and price data, rather than the softer and more basic levels of the investment planning process such as risk profiling and allocation which is addressed in other courses.
• Explain the importance of understanding the Business Cycle in the investment planning process
• Understand the characteristics of various business cycles and its impact on investment planning
• Understand the various types of economic indicators (leading, lagging and coincident)
• Interpret the various types of economic indicators and its implications on investments
• Understand the significance of data obtained from the Conference Board and Yield Curve and its implications on investment planning
• Understand the characteristics of the Bull and Bear markets and how to avoid suffering significant drawdowns on the investment portfolio
• Understand the strategies and investment planning rules to avoid a bear market and maximize profits during a bull market
• Integrate asset allocation techniques to economic data and market timing
• Understand then various asset allocation methods and how they can be applied in the context of a financial adviser recommending managed funds for their clients
• Differentiate between flexible allocation, core/satellite allocation and ETF portfolio strategies
• Understand how to use ETFs to construct a diversified portfolio
• Understand technical analysis and how to use different indicators to analyse and interpret price data
• Understand the implication of currency movements on investments and how to maximise the potential from its volatility
• Understand the secret to successful investing
• This workshop covers both Knowledge and Skills
• 16 contact hours + 2 hour assessment
• The knowledge and skills will be delivered through:
- Structured lecture
- Case studies and discussions
- Live markets analysis and charting o MCQ exam (40 questions)
• Certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the written assignment COURSE PRE-REQUISITES
• Candidates should preferably have at least one year of experience in financial planning to develop an appreciation of the content
• AFP certification or its equivalent will be useful to have a background understanding in investment concepts