WSG-SSG Funding (Formerly known as SDF from WDA)
The Skills Development Fund (SDF, now is known as SSG Funding) was established in October 1979 with the institution of the Skills Development Levy (SDL) Act with the primary objective of encouraging employers to invest in skills upgrading of the workforce.
The SSG does this by offering assistance as an incentive to companies to mount training programs for employees.
Incentives are offered on the basis of a cost-sharing principle and the training must be relevant to the economic development of Singapore. The amount of incentives that a company can obtain is not tied to the levy contribution.
SSG Application for the CFP® Certification Program
For employer-sponsored cases:
- Companies eligible must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Course fees of the CFP® Certification Education Program are fully sponsored by company
- Applicant is an employee of the company who is either a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR) of Singapore
- Only the Classroom Tutorial option of the CFP® Certification Education Program is eligible for the subsidy
- Applicant must attain at least 75% attendance for the course/ module(s) applied and have passed the examination(s)
- SSG funding can only be applied once for the same module of the CFP® course
Submissions and Claims
- Revised SSG funding - up to 90% funding (Classroom Tutorial Option).
- Submission: The training grant must be submitted to SSG no later than 30 days after course start date
- You need to have an Easy Account (for Registration of Companies and Business) and a SingPass Account to access the SkillsConnect system
- Employer (company/agency manager) has to go to skillsconnect.gov.sg website https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/applytg to register as a user to submit the SSG application for their staff/ employee
- Documents to upload onto SkillsConnect website when doing the funding application:
1. Copy of FP’s invoice for course applied
2. Course curriculum related documents (e.g. Program brochure, course schedule)
- Claims: To be made within 120 days after the end of examination(s), accompanied with a duplicate copy of the applicant’s Certificate of Attendance (awarded by FP) and results slip (from FPAS) as confirmation of course completion. Exam results (announced by FPAS) are not conclusive.
- Terms are subjected to changes. Kindly refer to https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for most updated information.
Candidates who opt for Classroom Tutorial Study Option and claim WSG-SSG (previously known as WDA) funding* may now pay for the course fee directly under self-sponsorship scheme and make payment via Cash/NETS/Bank Transfer/Paypal.
SkillsFuture Singapore Agency No 1 Marina Boulevard
#18-01 One Marina Boulevard
Tel: 6785 5785
Fax: 6512 1322
Operating Hours: Mondays to Fridays 8.30 am to 5.30 pm
Saturdays 8.30 am to 1 pm