WDA Funding (SDF)
The Skills Development Fund (SDF) was established in October 1979 with the institution of the Skills Development Levy (SDL) Act with the primary objective of encouraging employers to invest in skills upgrading of the workforce.
The SDF does this by offering assistance as an incentive to companies to mount training programs for employees.
Incentives are offered on the basis of a cost-sharing principle and the training must be relevant to the economic development of Singapore. The amount of incentives that a company can obtain is not tied to the levy contribution.
SDF Application for the CFP® Certification Program
- Companies eligible must be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Course fees of the CFP® Certification Education Program are fully sponsored by company
- Applicant is an employee of the company who is either a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR) of Singapore
- Only the Lecture Study option of the CFP® Certification Edcuation Program is eligible for the subsidy
- Applicant must attain at least 75% attendance for the course/ module(s) applied and have passed the examination(s)
- SDF funding can only be applied once for the same module of the CFP® course
Submissions and Claims
- Revised SDF funding - up to 90% funding (Lecture Study Option).
- Submission: The training grant must be submitted to WDA no later than 30 daysafter course start date
- You need to have an Easy Account (for Registration of Companies and Business) and a SingPass Account to access the SkillsConnect system
- Employer (company/ageny manager) has to go to SkillsConnect website https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/applytg to register as a user to submit the SDF application for their staff/ employee
- Documents to upload onto SkillsConnect website:
1. Copy of the applicant's company/ agency contract
2. Copy of FP’s invoice for course applied
3. Course curriculum related documents (e.g. Program brochure, course schedule)
- Claims: To be made within 120 days after the end of examination(s), accompanied with a duplicate copy of the applicant’s Certificate of Attendance (awarded by FP) and results slip (from FPAS) as confirmation of course completion. Exam results (announced by FPAS) are not conclusive.
- Terms are subjected to changes. Kindly refer to https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for most updated information.
- Singapore Workforce Development Agency
1 Marina Boulevard
#16-01 One Marina Boulevard
- Tel: 6883 5885